Friday, May 11, 2012

Changing things up

Well, I have now lost 62 pounds.  According to the charts I've come across, I am either at my ideal weight of 165 pounds (calculations according to a diabetic book that takes your age into account), or 10 pounds away from the high end of normal, 20 pounds away from the high end or 36 pounds away from my ideal weight.  I can't see losing another 36 pounds.  I just can't.

The weight loss is slower now, having lost only 2 pounds in the last month, but I would suppose that standing around with a spoon in one hand and the whole carton of Bryers Oreo Cookie Blast Cocolate Ice Cream may have had something to do with it.  Yeah, been in rebellion.

My schedule has changed now that Seminary is over and I have to find new times to exercise.  I used to do weights during the Seminary hour and swam when I took Buddy to work at 11 am.  Now, I am so not going to get up at 5:00 in the morning if I don't have to, so I think Patrick and I will go to the gym whenever I wake up in the morning, which is about 5:30 am, whether I want to or not.  Today we went in for Patrick's Hip Hop class time.

I think I am going to change what I do, or rather, add something else to my cardio.  I have been swimming for cardio, but today, I did a circuit (alternating cardio sequence, weight sequence).  To warm up, I walked  on a treadmill for a couple of minutes, got on the Wave machine, walked the track, then got down to business on the leg press, walked around the track, got on the leg press, walked, chest press, then added these...gadgets that simulate jumping rope.  They are handles with a light weight ball dangling that gives you the workout of jumping rope, but without tripping yourself up.  I liked it.  I can't do impact anything, so I raised up and down on my toes, or alternated that with shallow squats.  Worked well for me.

So, maybe, if I leave the carton of Bryers Oreo Cookie Blast Chocolate Ice Cream in the freezer, I might lose another 2 pounds in the next month.

1 comment:

  1. Teresa, You look great! Please post a before and after this much weight loss pic. :)

    ReplyDelete