Thursday, December 15, 2011

On the Verge of Losin’ It

I am on the edge…..I am on the verge of breaking 190 lbs.  I can almost feel it gone.  I am down to 191 lbs.

Breaking 200 pounds was a big deal.  Hitting 200 pounds on the nose was a big deal.  When the excitement was new, when I pronounced having lost 27 pounds, my teenage son asked me how much I weighed at that time.  NEVER ask a woman her weight, her age or her dress size.  I laughed hysterically when I told him, shoulders shrunk in, that “I weigh 200 lbs

I couldn’t stop laughing because I still weighed pretty high.

But now I am on the verge of losing it.

Today I swam for 30 minutes and loved every back stroke. 

I am having difficulty with dehydration, though.  Water sports and baths dehydrate you (that’s what the wrinkling of the hands is about).  I can drink a quart of water during and after, and still it doesn’t make a difference.  Must be a diabetic thing going on.  I have been asking Heavenly Father to help me with this dehydration problem/high blood sugar problem.  He informed me that it stems from missing 2 days of exercise over the weekend and missing 3 days the week before.  Okay.  I won’t miss.

So He is counseling me on what I can eat and when.  “No you may not have any spaghetti.  You may have the turkey meatballs with a little bit of sauce and salad.”

Notes to self:

  • Remember to counsel with the Lord in all my doings, including EVERY time you eat.
  • Kudos for swimming again and keeping up with exercise every day this week
  • Remember to drink LOTS of water
  • Kudos for your clothes getting too big
  • This high  blood sugar with pass
  • You have been promised in a blessing that your health will be restored.
  • Heavenly Father is your doctor ,knows what He’s doing and knows what your blood sugar is doing.
  • No decent looking Hormel Turkey Pepperoni on the shelf  *;-.)

No comments:

Post a Comment