Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 2 midday-trigger foods

Trigger foods. They are out there. We get hold of one and we can’t stop eating. Ice Cream, Candy, Sugar, Processed food, Milk products, pepperoni....

Today, I was going to have cucumber salsa for lunch, but, it turned out to just be an appetizer for tuna salad and green salad. Great, fine. BUT! I had a teenage son who was making himself a pizza and had set the Turkey Pepperoni on the counter. I was waiting for my toast to be ready….oh no…..did I run to the cucumber salsa? NO! I took a couple of slices of that turkey pepperoni and…there I was, caught in the feeding frenzy side effects of the trigger food. After those two slices of turkey pepperoni, I moved on to finding myself slicing off 2 slivers of Colby jack cheese (ACK!! Was I NUTS?! MORE dairy?)

Luckily I got a grip after that. I took notice, stopped, remembered yesterday’s fist full of pepperoni. Yes, feeding frenzy from trigger food.



  • Note to self:
    · Remember your trigger foods.
    · Notice what sets you off
    · If you eat one, try to regain consciousness and redirect.

I am not striving for the “Deprivation” diet. No. I am a believer in “all things in moderation.” A deprivation diet is strictly that, and it will fail every time. When you feel too “deprived” of the things you love, you will eventually gobble it and everything else down that you can find. The Doctrine and Covenants speak of what is proper and what is not, and depravation of any food group was not on the list. But moderation is spoken of.




Hormel Turkey PepperoniNutritional Information:




Serving Size: 17 slices




Calories: 80




Fat: 4g




Carbs: 0g




Sodium: 550mg




Fiber: 0g




Protein: 9g



http://www.hungry-girl.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment