Wednesday, January 27, 2010

day 3 and recipe for Broccomolli

Breakfast was a bowl of Autumn Wheat Kashi cereal with fresh blueberries topped with Almond milk. Cup of Licorice herbal tea.


and um....1 chocolate Lindt Lundor Truffle. I had a coupon for $1 off and I was NOT going to waste it... gotta use those GOOD coupons, yes?

1 gOatmeal raisin cookie sometime during the day

Just before noon, a friend called needing me to be her kitchen cleaning buddy (she can't clean unless she is talking to me. Nice to be useful in this world) and I started making my lunch. While I put it together, I ate only 2 slices of turkey pepperoni without triggering the feeding frenzy. Yay!!
I made a tuna salad sandwich with lettuce on 7 grain whole wheat toast, sliced cucumbers, carrot chips, sugar snap peas, water and took my lunch to my room while my friend and I talked. She cleaned and I ate. Sounds like a pretty good arrangement to me.

Then I ate palmful of pumpkin seeds because she asked me to be a writer for her new LDS Homeschooling blog. That is called stress eating. There is a 12 step LDS program for this, called the Addiction Recovery Program. You can get the manual from

Type "Addiction Recovery" in the search box and, wah-lah, you will see the manual. They are $5 with free shipping. You can attend ARP meetings if you have them in your area. In Little Rock Area there are 3 available locations.
BTW, yes, I am going to be a writer for her homeschool blog.
2 pieces of Panda black licorice chunks sometime
little bit of Broccomoli with tortilla chips
1/2 big orange





Broccomoli




stems from broccoli that you would buy in a rubberbanded bunch (mine came with 4 )
1 Tbl Kraft mayo
1/2 small onion, chopped
1/4 jalapeno pepper, chopped
1 tsp lemon or lime juice
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/2 roma tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 Tbl chopped fresh cilantro
salt and pepper to taste

Peel the skin from the broccoli stems. Boil in salted and peppered water until good and tender, when you've cooked all the nutritional value out of them. Drain and cool.

Puree the cooked stems, (I used a hand mixer) Add the remaining ingredients and serve with tortilla chips. Made about 1/2 cup Broccomoli.


Free weights : squats with handled tube, pectoral presses with purple band, biceps and triceps, abs


And the real treat was.....


Yoga for beginners with Rodney Yee

I have to say, I absolutely loved this DVD. I loved the detailed instruction, demonstration of common mistakes people make, then showed proper form, the background music and the professional way Rodney worked with his partner, Colleen Saidman. I have a preference for Rodney Yee anyway, as I have owned several of his Yoga DVD's over the years. I love his AM Yoga DVD that wakes up the body, stretches you and and gets you ready for the day.
Note to self
  • remember to keep your neck relaxed during free weights. You don't want a repeat of the explosion of pain at the back of your head like last night.
  • Remember how much you enjoy Yoga with Rodney Yee. It is the best 40 minutes of the day.
  • Buy broccoli with stems
  • Broccomoli is good

No comments:

Post a Comment